Thursday, December 9, 2010

"I just want to live with mommy!"

-Post By Foster Mom  
Bio Mom recently had her baby and he gets to live with her. She is living in a monitored facility so as long as she's there, the baby stays.

The past few weeks have been heartbreaking as M struggles in understanding why her brother gets to live there and she doesn't. I wish I could take her pain away and have magical words to help her cope...

M (with tears in her eyes): I like you and I like my mom. I just want to live with my mommy. I miss my mommy.

Foster Mom:  I'm sorry sweetie. I wish you could live with your mommy too. I'm sorry you feel so sad. 

M: When can I live with my mom?

Foster Mom: Remember the judge? Well, he'll tell us when it's safe and you can live with her. It could be months or longer. I'm sorry I don't have more info.

M: I miss my mommy and brother.  If I don't live with my mommy or you and "Foster Dad" will I live on the streets? Won't I get crashed?

Foster Mom: Crashed?

M: Crashed by a car. They are pointy and...I can't say it.

Foster Mom: What?

M: If I live on the streets the cars will crash me and I would die.  I don't want to die.

Foster Mom: We'll make sure you don't live on the streets.

We continued this convo for a few more minutes until she fell asleep in my arms...My heart hurts for little M.  She's 4 and worried about living on the streets.  I pray she feels loved and can find joy in her current situation, even through the pain of missing her mom terribly.
 
Copyright 2010 Foster Parent Journey. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates