Monday, October 18, 2010

Who's The Favorite In Your House?

-Post by Foster Mom
 
M likes Foster Dad better than me. 

At first I felt a little hurt.  After all I'm the one taking her to and from preschool, appointments, visits and filling her life with magical adventures.

We are together the majority of the day.

Foster Dad comes home after a long day at work, tells a few jokes and wins her heart...Then again, that's how he won mine...

I grew up dancing on my dad's feet and thought of him as an everyday superhero. We played sports, he took me on adventures, and to this day...both of my parents have always supported and believed in me. Growing up in a safe and loving home has given me strength to dream bigger and laugh louder.

Every little girl should feel protected in their father's arms. M battles emotional scars daily because she didn't feel safe from the dads of her past, and is desperately seeking approval and love.

So after my twinge of 3 second jealosy for not being M's favorite, I reminded myself that Foster Dad is making a HUGE impact on her life!  He's a positive male role model and I pray that she will always remember the safety she's felt in his arms and learn to dream bigger and laugh louder.

I'm okay with the fact that I'm not M's favorite person at our house.  But I would like everyone to know, that our dog likes me the best.
 
Copyright 2010 Foster Parent Journey. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates