Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Silent Conversations

-Post by Foster Mom

I checked the phone.
Yup, it still works.

Called my phone with the other phone to confirm the ringer's on.
Yup, loud and clear.

Looked at my calendar for what seemed like the millionth time.
It's Tuesday.

I feel like a high school girl waiting to get a call from my super, secret crush. The phone is a hand reach away and I gaze at the clock every two minutes in anticipation of the ringer.  Time is passing without a sound.

My super secret crush isn't exactly a crush, but M's bio mom. She calls twice a week.


Let me rephrase that, she's supposed to call twice a week. It's the same time and days every week. Lately she's been missing a call a week or doesn't call at the right times. One time she apologized and said she slept all day so couldn't call. All the other missed calls have gone unmentioned.

So today, another conversation is silent. The time goes by without mother and daughter feeling loved through giggles, phone kisses and sharing special memories of the past and hope of a future.

Bio mom and I have a pretty great relationship, but with every phone call missed I feel frustrated/bitter/angry and wonder what's more important than her daughter?

My heart hurts for the little girl on the receiving end of the phone call. If only her mom understood what she's missing.
 
Copyright 2010 Foster Parent Journey. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates