Monday, August 9, 2010

M's Story

-Post by Foster Mom 
I don't know M's story, I don't even know her middle name. It's hard having someone new live with you, especially if you've never met before.  We went through the first week thinking she hated carrots. Yesterday she said carrots are her favorite and she ate her whole snack sized bag. She said she never rode a bike before but she was popping wheelies the first ride we took her on.  It's a mystery figuring out what she likes, doesn't like, can and can't do.  We have no idea where she lived prior to us, or the stories that unfolded there.

Sometimes I wish I could get into this little 4 year old's mind, then maybe some of the confusion would be gone. I think if I took a peek into her mind, it would be way beyond bike rides and princesses...but it would consist or stories someone her age shouldn't know. I wish we had a better understanding of what she's been through. Maybe if we could piece together what happened in her past, we could start to bring healing to her future. We'll be driving in the car, or taking a walk and something (a trailer, police car, a doll...) will trigger M to tell a new piece of her story.  As her story unfolds we desperately cling to that piece of the puzzle, but end up with more questions than before.  Some of her stories we have to report to our case manager, and others are just for us to understand who she is.

One of our prayers and goals for M while she lives with us, is that she gets her childhood back. We hope that the puzzle pieces start to fit together and her story can be one of love and overcoming her past.  If you remember...please keep her in your prayers :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is thoughtful and so moving. I'll keep her in my prayers - and foster mom and dad too as well as her birth family.

sarah said...

You two are brave angels. I am proud to call you friends. x

Unknown said...

dearest foster mom and dad,

There are no words to rightly let you know how proud of you I am. I am blow away at the hearts and grace in which you take all of this on. M will be blessed to have you all in her life and on her side. And she will bless y'all too.

Mike said...

The stories will come as M keeps trusting and loving you guys more. The fact that you're open, willing to listen, and give her a loving environment does more than you'll ever know, I'm sure.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Foster Parent Journey. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates