Tuesday, November 30, 2010

White Milk, Drama and a Broken Heart

-Post by Foster Mom

In the 10 minute car ride home from preschool, M and I have some of our best conversations.

She hops in the car and the first words out of her mouth are always about what she ate that day.  Followed by:
I picked white milk today. WHITE MILK! Isn't that SUCH a healthy choice?! Aren't you soooo proud of me? I made such a gooooood choice. Yum!

I tell her I'm soooo proud and (in my mind) praise the school for only offering white milk as a drink option.

After I hear about her the school's healthy food choices she usually rats people out.
Drake had to sit in the blue time out chair today. He threw blocks at someone.
Missy said she has a boyfriend. I want one, but  I'm not 15. I'm only 4.
Ms. Tina called Jake a baby because he cried.

After filling me in on all the school drama, she tells me about all the fun activities she did.
I played with sticks. I ate lunch, and had white milk.  We sang songs. I played dolls. My baby was soooo sick and had to go to the hospital.

Every time I express my concern for the baby and asked why she was sick? M never gives a response.

After a few weeks of her doll being horribly sick, M finally answered my question.

My baby is sick because she has a broken heart. Nothing can fix it.
Her heart is broken...forever.

I try to get more details...Why did her heart break? What happened? But never get a response.  I turn on kid songs and she giggles and sings the rest of the way home...as I pray God heals the broken hearted.
 
Copyright 2010 Foster Parent Journey. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates