Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Walking Through The Storm

-Post by Foster Mom

Sunday we got some gut wrenching news.
The type of news that makes you want to throw up, punch someone and seriously question our court system and their theories on "protecting" children.

I haven't exactly processed through all the emotions yet.  My days continue to carry on and the tears are flowing less.  I'm thankful for a loving God who has caught every tear I've cried.

My heart is torn but through this I've found strength, love and comfort...and I know I can't attribute that to anything but God.

M is courageous.
Beautiful.
Strong.
She's sleeping safely under her covers, and that's what matters.

We've been able to shelter her from harm for almost four months now and I'm honored God entrusted her to us during this time of rebuilding...
Rebuilding her life and family.

This new info came at possibly the worst time for M's mom.
Bio Mom's been dealing with a lot and making huge strides with her counselor.  In the past, she would run when it gets hard and revert back to her old ways. So my prayer is that this hard to hear info. doesn't set Bio Mom back but that she can find strength and love to get through it.

I know this is vague and I hope you can respect our reasons for doing so...but please keep Bio Mom, M and us in your prayers as we walk through this storm together.
 
Copyright 2010 Foster Parent Journey. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates